This is Sabotage, an experimental Linux
distribution based on musl libc and busybox.
- i386, x86_64, MIPS, PowerPC32 or ARM(v4t+) processor.
- Linux 2.6+, gcc 4.x, git, bzip2, patch, sed, tar, wc, wget and xz.
- 3~4GB disk space. 2GB is used to bootstrap a 135MB core system.
- Lots of time and a fair bit of Linux knowledge.
- Cross-compiles a complete self-hosting Linux system inside a chroot.
- Core system is statically linked.
- No /usr or /sbin. (related paper)
- runit based service supervision.
- butch, a lightweight multithreaded package and build manager.
- Packages are symlinked into / from /opt. (like GNU Stow and
Bootstrap your own Sabotage system from source:
Ready-to-boot raw disk images:
READ THE README and THE COOKBOOK FIRST.
Email email@example.com to subscribe to the
Sabotage is public domain.